Friday 24 March 2017

Graphing

Today we got to graph our friend's names! Now that was so exciting! We had to copy their names from their desk and then work out who had the name with the most and least letters out of the names we chose. The word 'least' is a tricky one. We found out it meant the smallest amount. In our class the people with the shortest names are Max and Sam.
 
We finished our class novel, The Twits today. It had twenty-nine chapters! That's a lot of book! We then created lots of ideas about stories we could write using the book as inspiration. We are really working hard to write more than 4 sentences, read our own work back to Mrs Taylor and use capital letters  and full-stops. Some of us are writing a whole page! Wow! I love the stories we are beginning to write and some of the illustrations that accompany them are fabulous!
Here's Leith's story:
Once I was sitting under a tree and had an apple. Just when I had finished my apple the tree shrunk into the ground. Then I was underground. I dug and dug until I saw a larva world. I saw a sign that said the first person who discovers this can own this place. I saw a larva car. I tried to drive it in the larva.
 
Sophie wrote about Frozen. She wrote:
On Friday I was having a play date at Elsa's place. I was playing with Anna and Elsa. I love Elsa and Anna. I went to Anna's birthday.
 
Xylah wrote:
Once upon a time I went to bed. I heard a BOOM! There was a monster. I said, aaaa. I was very scared. I ran to my mum and I did not get sore. I was lucky and then the monster got sick. The monster went home.
 
And Jackson's story:
I saw a house melting. It was a hot day. I saw a house made out of an ice-block. It melted. The world was freezing. After that the cars melted. After the people melted.
 

And finally Sam:
One day I flew across the land. I flew across the school. It was so cool! But one day I crashed into a wall and banged my head. But I still liked it. I am so excited I am going to perform magic tricks on a stage. It is going to be cool! I'm doing it right now. But I'm still a bit nervous.
 
 

I love all the stories and I love seeing everyone trying so hard to sound out the sounds they know. I can't wait to see where we are at the end of the year. I think we're just going to fly! We're working so hard at writing more and having a go! Wow! One proud Mrs Taylor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment